The American Red Cross is holding a blood drive in Enterprise today | Health
The American Red Cross Blood Services, Alabama and Central Gulf Coast Region, which supplies blood to approximately 100 hospitals, needs 600 blood donors each day to meet the needs of patients in the region. Please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org to make an appointment to donate blood or platelets.
A blood drive is being held in Enterprise today, September 13th at Covington Electric, located at 19349 Hwy 134 West from 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To give blood, you must weigh at least 110 pounds; you must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent), and you must be in general good health. If you are sick and cannot donate, please recruit a friend or family member to give in your place. All donors must have a photo ID or American Red Cross donor card.
If you plan on giving blood:
- Double your fluid intake in the 48 hours leading up to the drive.
- Eat a nutritious meal the night before, as well as the day of, the blood drive.
- Eat iron-rich foods such as lean beef, broccoli, eggs, greens, shrimp or dried beans.
- Consume foods rich in Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, cabbage, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the drive.
The need is constant. The gratification is instant. Give Blood.
Source: American Red Cross
Top Enterprise Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Opp City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Andalusia City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Covington County Schools
- Extreme Experience Retreat for the Blind/Visually Impaired Adult - 2013
- County Road 12 - Wakeboarding on Gantt Lake
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery