Toddler drowns in family pool | News
COFFEE COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - A Coffee County toddler has died after wandering out of the house and drowning in the family's swimming pool.
The accident happened on Friday, May 25 between 2 and 4 p.m at a home on Coffee County Road 427. Initial reports indicate 2-year-old Cooper Pierce wandered out of the house and was later found in the family swimming pool. It is unknown how long the child had been in the water.
The child was transported to an Elba hospital before being airlifted to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola where he passed away Tuesday morning.
Top Enterprise Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Opp City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Andalusia City Schools
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rates for Covington County Schools
- Extreme Experience Retreat for the Blind/Visually Impaired Adult - 2013
- County Road 12 - Wakeboarding on Gantt Lake
- Luverne man leads authorities on a 20 mile, 142 mph chase
- Alabama releases 2011-2012 graduation rate for Crenshaw County Schools
- Man wanted in Montgomery's 26th homicide turns self in to Luverne Police
- Craft Day is today at Luverne Public Library
- Crenshaw County author to hold book signing in Montgomery